Three-commute day

Today, I commuted to work twice.  Huh?

My usual commute is to ride the bike (at 6.45 am) to a freeway station and catch an express bus to Seattle. At about 7.10am, I got a call from home.  The wife could not find the car keys.

Turns out I had been even less sharp than usual this morning when I left for work.  I had left home with both set of car keys, one in each jeans pocket.  Mine and the wife's.

In the mornings, the express routes and the bus lines are all oriented towards getting to downtown. Coming back is another matter altogether.  Luckily there was a bus at 7.25am that stopped somewhat in the vicinity of home.  So, I took that bus, bicycled home, returned the car keys and caught the next bus back to the city. I was back at work at 8.40 am.  Not bad for two roundtrips on public transit.

The funny thing?  Because all my bus rides were within 2 hours of the start of my journey, the remaining 3 trips all counted as "transfers" and all four journeys together cost $3.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment